Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin memory card save cross-compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alonzo_Harris

Hi,

I have two machines with dolphin installed. The one in my bedroom has dolphin 5.0 stable (installed a while ago), i recently decided to install dolphin on my htpc too. I installed the latest development version because I figured it would be better optimized for weaker hardware.

I was planning on jury rigging my own memorycard synchronization solution via a combination of Google drive and Window's robocopy tool.

The only issue is that it appears the different dolphin versions save game data in different formats. Dolphin stable saves games in user->Documents->Dolphin Emulator->GC

The file format is .raw. The region folders (JAP, EUR, USA) are empty.

The latest development build uses the same directory except the USA folder is used and contains a .gci file.

Is there any way to allow the newer build to recognize the older .raw memory save format?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Go to Config > GameCube and change Slot A from GCI Folder to Memory Card.

Alonzo_Harris

(04-22-2020, 11:48 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Go to Config > GameCube and change Slot A from GCI Folder to Memory Card.
That worked perfectly. Thanks!