Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alternative(s) To Get Full Speed in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are the perfect hardware to have an emulation of 100% FPS?I need an good processor,or a good GeForce/Radeon?I'm thinking in buy a GeForce 9800.

Note:With Dolphin X64
Tell us your specs
CPU:Intel Pentium D Dual-Core 2.6 GHz
GPU:Intel GMA G33
RAM:3GB

This is the specs of my computer,at the moment I'm using an laptop because some problems.
Well , dolphin needs a good procesor and idk how it would run in a Pentium D
The D class of dual cores is outmatched by the Core2's. For graphics, get at least an 8000s series nVidia or the upper class Radeon series (X2000+)

I myself have an X2600XT 512MB GDDR-3 PCI-E. PCI-E is the best kind of card you can get. And you may want to up your processor speeds, as most games require at least 2Ghz free power to run at full speed.

You can do some comparing of your own at this site, as they have a chart of Intel Processors and what they are capable of.
the directx plugin (the only one that works with the gma's) does not work as well as open gl (from my experience) and your processor isnt going to give you the best speed.
Hi.
I have one question. Can I play Super Mario Wii with good speed with this computer?
-Intel Pentium D 920, 2.8Ghz
-2GHz Ram
-Windows Vista Basic
-Graphic Card Intel 945g, but I buy a better one if the others specs are enough to run it.
Thanks.
(12-22-2009, 07:39 AM)luigi25 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I have one question. Can I play Super Mario Wii with good speed with this computer?
-Intel Pentium D 920, 2.8Ghz
-2GHz Ram
-Windows Vista Basic
-Graphic Card Intel 945g, but I buy a better one if the others specs are enough to run it.
Thanks.
Do you mean Super Mario Galaxy (SMG)? If so:
nope, your cpu is too weak and that is - besides the graphics card - the limiting factor in dolphin. My specs: amd phenom 965 (4 cores @ 3.4 GHz), radeon 5770, 4gigs of ram. For me Mario Galaxy is running slow at big planets! however at small planets I have 60fps.

If you mean New Super Mario Bros (NSMB): Try it. My PC has absolutely no problems with that game. My old laptop (Intel Centrino Duo 2.4 GHz; Intel GMA950, 1gig ram) is giving me about 30fps with the settings I posted here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-239...l#pid54241
The settings are really important to get maximum fps... trust me Smile

wasup

minimum to play most games at fullspeed is about 3ghz and you only need a halfway decent graphics card like a geforce 6 series because it's not used much
Mm....Actually It seems that depends most of the CPU core that the Graphics Card.
Pages: 1 2