Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Choosing WASAPI as Audio Backend causes games to not load and Dolphin to crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

expandular

I'm using a pair of wireless earbuds and the lag is quite noticeable when playing Dolphin games, I heard that changing the Audio Backend to WASAPI can help a little. So I did just that but loading a game just shows a black screen and when I try to close the window Dolphin freezes. I have NO idea why this happens.

Is there a way to prevent the crash or maybe another way to reduce sound lag on my earbuds?
Are the wireless earbuds over Bluetooth? Do you have Audio lag in other applications, or only Dolphin? Do you have the audio lag without the earbuds?
WASAPI won't help with Bluetooth audio latency, if that's the source of your problem. Furthermore, Dolphin crashing/freezing at boot when launching a game with WASAPI audio backend normally means it couldn't get a "lock" to exclusively use the target device or that the target device doesn't support the audio bit depth/sampling rate requested by Dolphin...