Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Input delay of 4-5 frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Srorth

During normal play, it's nearly unnoticeable, but when TASing, a four frame input delay becomes quite bothersome. I've looked in as many places as I could, and cannot find any post from the past four years related to my problem. I've tried the relevant fix from nearly every post, which was to turn off vsync, but that changed nothing. Using the input display, I can see that the emulator immediately registers the input change. Yet, the game does not react until four frames later. Any idea what could be causing this?

Dolphin 5.0-11866
Some games just have that much input latency. Which game is this?

Turning on the Immediately Present XFB setting might reduce the latency a little, depending on the game. Other settings are unlikely to have any effect on this internal latency.

Srorth

(04-22-2020, 02:45 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Some games just have that much input latency. Which game is this?
Tested Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Paper Mario, Epic Mickey, and Kirby's return to dreamland