Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: random screen width changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
trying to play pokemon xg, a hack of pokemon xd. unfortunately i'm having an unusual issue. when i go through the door of the room when the game first starts the screen temporarily changes to widescreen then back. going back and forth through the door causes the issue repeatedly. not a huge deal but pretty annoying. if it is an issue with the hack i understand i'm going to test it on a clean iso in a moment to see if it happens there but figured someone might have encountered this issue of the screen randomly changing aspect ratios and know how to solve it
In Dolphin's Graphics config, do you have the aspect ratio set to 'Auto' or 'Force'?

Are you using the latest version of Pokemon XG patcher?

Does your clean XD md5 match: https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GXXE01?
Right-click the game in Dolphin, go to Properties > Verify tab to calculate.
This sounds like an issue that happens in the base game too, even if you have a good dump. It should be fixed if you update to Dolphin 5.0-11841. Alternatively, set the aspect ratio in the graphics settings to Force 4:3.
forcing 4:3 fixes it. forcing 16:9 does not. i updated to the latest on the development branch from the repo i found on the forums here for ubuntu 19.10. but it doesn't really matter now i guess since this got it working