Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PS4 Controller audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ubario

Hello, when either playing Wii or GameCube games on dolphin, I play with a Dualshock 4 controller. When I put my headphones into my computer without the controller plugged in, the audio works fine, but immediately when I plug my controller in, the audio just stops. My audio back end is Cubeb, I tried the WASAPI back end but all that did was crash Dolphin on boot. Please help, thanks.
Can you check if you computer is trying to output audio through your controller?

ubario

(04-19-2020, 01:47 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check if you computer is trying to output audio through your controller?

I used sound mixer and nothing was coming from Dolphin when I plug my controller in/

ubario

I checked the volume mixer and audio was coming from Dolphin but immediately when I plugged my controller in, no green comes up.
Keep in mind that newer DualShock 4 controllers are capable of outputting audio from your PC through their headphone jack. Given your symptoms, it seems like Windows is auto switching audio output to the DS4 Headphone jack when you plug it...

ubario

Yeah and I plug my headphones into the controller but it still doesn't output any audio.
Try plugging the controller, then select the desired audio output by clicking on the volume icon from the system tray, and then launch Dolphin. Does it work?