Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Reset" input cause desync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

soil6114

[attachment=18767]
I had played "Wario were: smooth moves" and recorded input.
After that, I played the movie file. But it desynced when "reset"
input was done.
Can't dolphin emulator do "reset" input in TAS?
(Sorry if my English is incorrect.)
I'm not entirely sure if Dolphin's TAS system is designed to handle Wii resets. If it's not working, then it probably hasn't been implemented.
(04-18-2020, 08:10 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not entirely sure if Dolphin's TAS system is designed to handle Wii resets. If it's not working, then it probably hasn't been implemented.

I believe it can handle resets but only if a GameCube controller is connected? (It's a bit odd, but it was done that way due to limitations of the DTM file format.)

soil6114

(04-18-2020, 08:11 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it can handle resets but only if a GameCube controller is connected? (It's a bit odd, but it was done that way due to limitations of the DTM file format.)

I didn't connect it, only Wii remote.

When movie reached reset input, dolphin made the dialog 
appear like in the attached picture.
(04-18-2020, 11:46 PM)soil6114 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't connect it, only Wii remote.

When movie reached reset input, dolphin made the dialog 
appear like in the attached picture.

Try also connecting a GameCube controller, then see if it works.

soil6114

(04-18-2020, 11:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Try also connecting a GameCube controller, then see if it works.
I tried it, but dolphin told me fatal desync occurred.
(04-19-2020, 11:33 PM)soil6114 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it, but dolphin told me fatal desync occurred.

Sorry, I mean you would need to record a new movie with a GameCube controller connected.

soil6114

(04-20-2020, 12:50 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I mean you would need to record a new movie with a GameCube controller connected.
I could handle resets without desync!!
Thank you so much!!