Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black Screen When Using Wireless Controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jschnitz1

My friend and I are trying to play Gladius Gamecube version over Parsec.

The game works fine in Co-Op when I host and he connects to my computer and sets up his remote controller. The controller is recognized in the controller setup as a "DInput/1/Gamepad" device and everything works.

His internet is a bit better than mine so we wanted him to host. When he hosts and I connect to his computer, I configure my controller the same way, but his Dolphin emulator sees my controller as a "wireless" device (DInput/0/wireless), and when we try to start the game it just loads to a black screen.

None of our controllers are wireless. We have the same exact settings, on the same exact version of Dolphin, with the same exact .iso file being used, with the same exact Parsec settings. His controller is an XBOX controller, I have a USB "GameCube like" controller from Amazon and a wired XBox controller.

As soon as I remove the 2nd controller in the Dolphin configuration, the game works. When I try to re-enable the 2nd controller while the game is loaded, it instantly cuts to a black screen.

All signs point to this being an issue with my controller being recognized as a wireless device as "DInput/0/Wireless" instead of a "DInput/1/GamePad". Is there a way to force Dolphin to recognize my device differently? is this done with Windows drivers or device setup?

The most confusing thing is that this works perfectly when I host on Parsec.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
What controller are you using, and what controller is your friend using? This sounds like a problem with Parsec not recognizing the controller driver correctly on either your or his side. If you use any other program to test your controller on their computer (like the builtin windows app), is it recognized properly?