Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GameCube controller not found in game with Zadig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Takumiツ

Hi, I have a black game cube controller adapter. Dolphin wasn't seeing my gamecube adapter, so I downloaded Zadig. I got into the controller settings after setting up Zadig and it said it detected an adapter so I set my first port to Gamecube adapter for wii u. Once I got into Melee though, the game doesn't detect my controller, and when I tab out, the screen where it says the adapter was detected, no longer says that. It instead just glitches back and fourth really fast between being detected and not being detected. I have tried everything, PLEASE HELP!!
What adapter do you have?
Unfortunately, this happens with many adapters that aren't the official or the mayflash adapter. Try the pc mode the adapter likely has.

Takumiツ

(04-17-2020, 11:58 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What adapter do you have?

I have a cheap knockoff adapter that doesn't even have a brand name on it. It says model "mimd-422" on the bottom though.

Takumiツ

(04-17-2020, 11:59 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, this happens with many adapters that aren't the official or the mayflash adapter. Try the pc mode the adapter likely has.

I have tried that too, switching to the pc mode on the adapter doesn't even show that the adapter is found before going in game, only on the nintendo switch setting will it say that an adapter is found. Sad

Takumiツ

(04-17-2020, 10:21 AM)Takumiツ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have a black game cube controller adapter. Dolphin wasn't seeing my gamecube adapter, so I downloaded Zadig. I got into the controller settings after setting up Zadig and it said it detected an adapter so I set my first port to Gamecube adapter for wii u. Once I got into Melee though, the game doesn't detect my controller, and when I tab out, the screen where it says the adapter was detected, no longer says that. It instead just glitches back and fourth really fast between being detected and not being detected. I have tried everything, PLEASE HELP!!

I have also seen someone else before with this same problem but they weren't able to solve their problem either :/
Only the official and mayflash 4 port adapters are confirmed to work as gamecube output. You'll have to use the PC mode and map the controller as a normal standard controller
(04-17-2020, 12:03 PM)Takumiツ Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried that too, switching to the pc mode on the adapter doesn't even show that the adapter is found before going in game, only on the nintendo switch setting will it say that an adapter is found. Sad

Use pc mode and configure it as a standard controller.