Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is an ASUS VivoBook Good Enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheOffcialBeanos

Hi. As of right now, I have an ASUS VivoBook 14, and recently discovered Dolphin. I love TLoZ series and got Ocarina of Time. I can run the game at 20fps, and will drop occasionally, which is quite annoying, especially during a battle. I also play Super Mario Sunshine, which runs at 30fps. Is there anyway to boost these numbers, especially Ocarina of Time? I haven't messed with any of the graphics settings Here's a link to the specs of my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this didn't break any rules, since I'm new here. If I did, can anyone inform me, and I will change it as soon as possible. Thanks.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computers...lsrc=aw.ds
Are you running the LoZ Master Quest game for GameCube, or the Virtual Console for Wii version?

Just so you know, Ocarina of Time is a 20 fps game and Super Mario Sunshine is a 30 fps game. You're just trying to prevent the frame drops, yeah?

Here are some things to make it more stable:
1. Make sure you have the latest Dolphin dev build (you're only a few days behind but it couldn't hurt)
2. In the graphics options for Dolphin, use the Asynchronous (ubershaders) option for the Shader Compilation. Also check the pre-compile shaders option
3. Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed, and the latest Intel GPU drivers
4. In Windows Power management, make sure you're using a high performance power plan
5. Play with your laptop plugged in to power

TheOffcialBeanos

(04-18-2020, 11:16 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running the LoZ Master Quest game for GameCube, or the Virtual Console for Wii version?

Just so you know, Ocarina of Time is a 20 fps game and Super Mario Sunshine is a 30 fps game. You're just trying to prevent the frame drops, yeah?

Here are some things to make it more stable:
1. Make sure you have the latest Dolphin dev build (you're only a few days behind but it couldn't hurt)
2. In the graphics options for Dolphin, use the Asynchronous (ubershaders) option for the Shader Compilation. Also check the pre-compile shaders option
3. Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed, and the latest Intel GPU drivers
4. In Windows Power management, make sure you're using a high performance power plan
5. Play with your laptop plugged in to power

TheOffcialBeanos

I'm using the GameCube LoZ Collector's Edition. But I didn't know. I thought maybe LoZ was 30 fps or more, and SMS the same, but now that I see it, it makes sense. I have been using a high performance power plan and its plugged in. I'll try the settings tomorrow and tell u how they go. Thanks for the help.