Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 5.1 surround
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

theName

The answers on the forum are very different from the current state of affairs, so I want to ask how to enable decoder DPL II on HLE?
the checkbox only becomes active when LLE is selected, but the sound is terrible
I tested all combinations of sound settings in super mario sunshine and did not hear anything in the rear speakers.
windows sees 5.1 and reproduces perfectly.
the wii menu has activated surround.
Can it work on other assemblies? share it!
I am using the latest 5.0 11843

UPD.
it turned out to bring to the rear speakers using LLE + Cubeb, but the sound lags and crackles a lot.

how to enable on HLE?
(04-15-2020, 07:21 AM)theName Wrote: [ -> ]The answers on the forum are very different from the current state of affairs, so I want to ask how to enable decoder DPL II on HLE?
the checkbox only becomes active when LLE is selected, but the sound is terrible
I tested all combinations of sound settings in super mario sunshine and did not hear anything in the rear speakers.

UPD.
it turned out to bring to the rear speakers using LLE + Cubeb, but the sound lags and crackles a lot.

how to enable on HLE?

AFAIK you cannot enable it in HLE because of the way DPLII works and to get it to work 100% correctly on LLE you need to dump the DSP files from your GameCube. That is, unless something has changed, but sadly I cannot test it for you anymore as my 5.1 set is currently out of use.
(04-15-2020, 07:21 AM)theName Wrote: [ -> ]The answers on the forum are very different from the current state of affairs, so I want to ask how to enable decoder DPL II on HLE?

UPD.

how to enable on HLE?

Make sure you´re using LLE *Recompiler* instead of *Interpreter*.

theName

(04-15-2020, 11:54 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you´re using LLE *Recompiler* instead of *Interpreter*.

I tried both options and the sound stutters at all. I want to play skyward sword, but the sound ....
What is Audio Stretching and Latency set at?

theName

(04-17-2020, 11:07 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What is Audio Stretching and Latency set at?

I turned off the sound stretching, it is much worse with it