Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't start Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gooble

So I just decided to update Dolphin and I am now having a problem, every time I try to open the program I now get a message saying "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I have attempted to reinstall multiple times, resulting in the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?
It's a pretty common issue. Please see our FAQ for more information: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#progra...is-missing

Quote:"This program can't start because VC_.dll is missing"

Dolphin now uses Visual Studio C++ 2019 for Windows compiling. Windows x86-64 users must have the latest x64 Visual C++ 2015, 2017, and 2019 runtime installed in order to use Dolphin. If you ever encounter a MSVCP__.dll or vcruntime__.dll error, please download the latest Visual C++ runtime version from Microsoft's website (direct link).

Also, remember to extract Dolphin's files from the archive to a folder on your computer instead of running Dolphin directly from inside the archive.