Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super mario sunshine unable to save to memory card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Based on this thread:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-su...ve-problem

using save states with super mario sunshine prevents the game from saving to the memory card. I tried the solution presented there, but I am still unable to save to the memory card. Is there any way to fix this?

Currently on version 5.0-11824
The solution is to not use savestates in the first place, there's not much you can do after the fact.
(04-14-2020, 06:16 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The solution is to not use savestates in the first place, there's not much you can do after the fact.

Unfortunate. I haven't played sunshine in forever so i had forgotten. It's also annoying since it's not listed on the wiki page.
Alternate solution that I've been using to play with save states currently:

1. while playing, pause and attempt to save mario sunchine to the memory card.
1B. if you can't save, then there is no real solution, quit the game and relaunch/reload from the memcard.
2. Make a save state.
3. continue playing.
4. Load your save state when you need to reset your progress. Go to step 1.

Loading from save states won't mess up the save file every time. By saving manually we can tell if the data has become corrupted and minimize time wasted with unsave-able progress.

I find saving tends to not work if you try to reload the same save state two or more times without saving to memcard and save state in between. But that isn't necessarily hard data.