Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness Unable to detect memory card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I have just downloaded Dolphin and I was attempting to play a USA version of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I pointed Dolphin at the iso and the game loaded fine. When I get to the start menu, though, and hit start, it complains that Memory Card A contains no save file, and prompts me to create one. Regardless of whether I choose yes or no, it then states that the game cannot be saved, would you like to continue without saving? And again, regardless of my choice, it then boots me back to the start menu. There are animations for each of these changes, so I am not inclined to believe this is a bug in the game itself.

I then went to the configuration menu and saw that Slot A was a 'GCI Folder'. This, after some research, appeared to be what I wanted. But it does not work, obviously. So, I changed it to Memory Card and pointed it at the default Memory Card A that comes with the emulator. No luck either.

Just to be safe, I ran Dolphin as an administrator fruitlessly, and I have confirmed that I have R/W/E permissions on all involved folders, both as an administrator and a normal user. So... I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing now.
Have you tried using a portable build? Sometimes anti-virus or other software will block Dolphin from writing to My Documents for unknown reasons. Also, if you're using savestates it's possible that this game will block you from saving due to anti-duping, so I'd recommend against using savestates.
(04-13-2020, 04:49 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using a portable build?  Sometimes anti-virus or other software will block Dolphin from writing to My Documents for unknown reasons.  Also, if you're using savestates it's possible that this game will block you from saving due to anti-duping, so I'd recommend against using savestates.

I have literally not played a single Gamecube game on Dolphin before. So I find that unlikely. Also, I haven't tried using a portable build, I'll try that now.
Sorry for doublepost, but I just tested the portable mode of Dolphin, and there was no change.
When you're pressing Yes, make sure you're pressing the A button, not the B button.
I have ensured that. I have attempted to press both the A and B buttons (though not simultaneously), with no difference.
Ignore the previous post - somehow the configuration scheme was swapped. I thank you very much for your time.

OnePunchFeitan

I figured this would be the best post to ask for help.

I'm having similar issues with the game as well. Except when it prompts me with the missing memory card, I cannot proceed whatsoever.
Is there a way around this?
(03-07-2021, 02:25 AM)OnePunchFeitan Wrote: [ -> ]I figured this would be the best post to ask for help.

I'm having similar issues with the game as well. Except when it prompts me with the missing memory card, I cannot proceed whatsoever.
Is there a way around this?

Go to settings and in Gamecube. put one of the two slots as a Memory Card (Not GCI Folder)