Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: D-Pad not working (playing Pikmin)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Link2108ZA

Hello everyone and greetings from South Africa.

Today while browsing what to do (thank you Covid19 and lockdown) and I came across this awesome Dolphin.

I wanted to play Pikmin from the time I finished the one on the Wii U, I managed to get, not one, but 2 Gamecube, the problem is that it is really hard to find the games.

So I was playing the original Pikmin, until day 2 when I discovered yellow Pikmin, I then started trying to change from red to yellow Pikmin, but no button was doing it. I googled it and the result was that I have to use the D-Pad to change the Pikmin. To my surprise I realised that the D-Pad is not working, however it is working under the controller configuration (in the attached image I am holding "right" on the D-Pad).

I am using a Dualshock3 and the Dolphin version is 5.0.

Please help!

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QVYkvK...id2gtZY_i6
Try using the latest development builds. This should work fine, just tried my dpad on my DS4.

Link2108ZA

(04-13-2020, 11:30 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the latest development builds.  This should work fine, just tried my dpad on my DS4.

I tried your suggestion and downloaded the latest available version (5.0-11843), the problem persists, is there any special setting that I need to enable? According to the controller configuration, the D-Pad works when I press it.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=18754]
[attachment=18755]
This d-pad functionality was added in the Wii version of the game. In the GameCube version, I believe you're supposed to dismiss the Pikmin and then call only the ones that are of the color you want.

Link2108ZA

(04-13-2020, 11:25 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This d-pad functionality was added in the Wii version of the game. In the GameCube version, I believe you're supposed to dismiss the Pikmin and then call only the ones that are of the color you want.

I think you are right! Thanks!