Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just a small question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is probably my 2nd post, and I have a question.

So I have a couple of Wii games and I wanna emulate them, is it ok to convert it into an iso?

Sorry for bad english, main language is not english.

Thanks! Big Grin
Normally when you dump a game it will be .iso (some other programs may be different) so it should probably what you want anyway (unless you are trying to save space).
So it's perfectly fine to do that?

Because I heared it's illegal to emulate games that you don't have and I wanna get the games that I have, because my Wii stopped working and the emulator is the only option to play my Wii games.

Thanks! Big Grin
Ideally you should have access to a hacked Wii, one that can run the homebrew applications. You can use one of those applications (such as CleanRip) to make copies of your games.

If your Wii is broken, you have a couple of options. The first is to buy another Wii. Get a used one for cheap and hack it. The other option (if for some reason you can't buy another Wii) is to see if one of your friends has a Wii that is hacked or if they're willing to hack it for you. Then you can borrow or use their Wii to run CleanRip.

However... If you buy another Wii, then Dolphin isn't the only way you can play your Wii games (and you might not need Dolphin??)
Hmmm, the previous Wii I had was hacked and it had homebrew chanell, but since it broke I can't use it.

And I don't have anyone who has a Wii, so I can just make an iso of the game or is there another option?

Thanks! Big Grin
(04-12-2020, 07:01 AM)OwOxdz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, the previous Wii I had was hacked and it had homebrew chanell, but since it broke I can't use it.

And I don't have anyone who has a Wii, so I can just make an iso of the game or is there another option?

Thanks! Big Grin

I'm not sure what you mean by "making iso" without a wii.
(04-12-2020, 07:08 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean by "making iso" without a wii.

I mean by inserting the disc onto my computer then use a program to convert the disc into an iso.

Thanks! Big Grin
There are some really old dvd drives for a computer that can dump a Wii game, but they're so old and hard to find that its not feasible.

What's broken on your Wii?
(04-12-2020, 07:50 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]There are some really old dvd drives for a computer that can dump a Wii game, but they're so old and hard to find that its not feasible.

I don't remember well because it was a long time ago.

And I'm pretty sure my disc drive can dump a Wii game, wich is good.

Thanks! Big Grin
(04-12-2020, 07:50 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]There are some really old dvd drives for a computer that can dump a Wii game, but they're so old and hard to find that its not feasible.

was looking through my old posts and my old wii was bricked, i sent it to get homebrewed and apparentley they bricked it.

it worked perfectly fine but idk.