Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ATI OpenCL Catalyst 9.12 Problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys and gals.

I just installed the new x64 version of the Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix driver with OpenCL and DirectCompute support.
then i installed the ATI stream SDK 2.0 beta4 x64

after that i first tried the DirectCompute/OpenCL-Benchmark
[Image: pcie4xgmb8.png]

both is working successfully.

then i compiled the x64 windows binary of r4707 and downloaded the OpenCL ATI stuff from here: http://cid-ec92aae47a89073b.skydrive.liv...i-r4707.7z

compiling of my source was successfull
dolphin is running flawlessly
then i copied the stuff in the folder x64 inside that Opencl-ati-r4707.7z over the normal binaries and overwrote all the original files.

but now the problem:
i start a game and as soon as the game is trying to load/decompress the textures... i get error messages over and over...
for every single texture being decompressed/loaded one.

the games actually run... but i can't see anything except untextured stuff like the hands of sonic on sonic adventure 2 battle.

did i do something wrong or is it a driver-fault?

edit: i just noticed that i posted this threat in the wrong sub-forum...

this should have been gone to "support" (sorry^^)
I also have Catalyst 9.12.
I tried to use OpenCL @Dolphin (Win7 64bit, amd phenom 965, radeon 5770). My Benchmark results:

[Image: testdu.th.jpg]

My Problem: I can't see the OpenCL option in dolphin!

I downloaded Dolphin-x64-r4707.7z and copied over this revision the OpenCL Files: Opencl-ati-r4707.7z.
At Config -> Plugins -> Graphics I can only select "Dolphin Software Renderer" (Direct3d9 and OpenGL vanished; I expected OpenCL to show up).

Why can't I even select OpenCL at Dolphin?

EDIT:
I don't know how, but I managed to select OpenGL and Direct3d9. With both options I get a lot of OpenCL error alerts (tested with Mario Kart Wii). After clicking [OK] a bunch of times, the game sound (but no video; black screen) starts.

wasup

thats not it
LOL ATI drivers
Seriously, if you manage to find one, just ONE official driver that solves the memory leak in openGL and allows error-free openCL Dolphin please make a whole new thread and sticky it, in the mean time, stuck with 8.12 (the last good driver for me Sad ).
8.12 are 1 year old XD And amd/ati doesnt want to fix the mem leak for "some semi legal software".
There are no single memory leak with my radeon 5870 and any driver !

How come ?
(12-22-2009, 11:58 PM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]There are no single memory leak with my radeon 5870 and any driver !

How come ?
so you can use OpenCL without any errors?
no , just dont have the memory leak problem .
(12-22-2009, 12:57 PM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]LOL ATI drivers
Seriously, if you manage to find one, just ONE official driver that solves the memory leak in openGL and allows error-free openCL Dolphin please make a whole new thread and sticky it, in the mean time, stuck with 8.12 (the last good driver for me Sad ).

(12-22-2009, 11:58 PM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]There are no single memory leak with my radeon 5870 and any driver !

How come ?

It was fixed with Catalyst 9.10, that is 2 months ago
Pages: 1 2