Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tenchu 4 speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mokelle

Hello everyone

I'm having problems with the speed that Tenchu 4 runs on Dolphin.
My system is a laptop with Core 2 Duo @1.67 CPU and 2Gb of Ram.
This specific game although listed as perfect in the compatibility list, does
not exceed 9 fps on my system, no matter if i turn the sound off or even
if i turn the textures off. Not even in wireframe mode. It's allways at 8-9 fps.
And i haven't even messed with upscaling the game...

I've read that people run Tenchu at-25-30 fps on Dolphin and there's even a
video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePlslrZp-jw ) demonstrating that.
Am i doing something wrong with the settings (i have dual core enabled), is
my system too slow for this game or am i missing something? HuhHuh
(04-11-2009, 11:59 PM)Mokelle Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone

I'm having problems with the speed that Tenchu 4 runs on Dolphin.
My system is a laptop with Core 2 Duo @1.67 CPU and 2Gb of Ram.
This specific game although listed as perfect in the compatibility list, does
not exceed 9 fps on my system, no matter if i turn the sound off or even
if i turn the textures off. Not even in wireframe mode. It's allways at 8-9 fps.
And i haven't even messed with upscaling the game...

I've read that people run Tenchu at-25-30 fps on Dolphin and there's even a
video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePlslrZp-jw ) demonstrating that.
Am i doing something wrong with the settings (i have dual core enabled), is
my system too slow for this game or am i missing something? HuhHuh

Try to run dolphin on good pc not on calculator :p

cmccmc

Thats harsh but, your system really isn't good enough. You should have at least a 2.2ghz dual core for dolphin.

Mokelle

The slow system seems to be the easy answer, but it can not explain the fact that the speed
doesn't boost up when i use wireframe/no sound or no texture mode. I don't expect performance
miracles but the framerate should improve without textures and sound (at 640x480) even
on a weak system...HuhHuh

Can someone (who has the game work at full speed) plz tell me what his/her Dolphin configuration is?
(04-12-2009, 02:17 AM)Mokelle Wrote: [ -> ]The slow system seems to be the easy answer, but it can not explain the fact that the speed
doesn't boost up when i use wireframe/no sound or no texture mode. I don't expect performance
miracles but the framerate should improve without textures and sound (at 640x480) even
on a weak system...HuhHuh

Can someone (who has the game work at full speed) plz tell me what his/her Dolphin configuration is?

In my E4500@3.0Ghz run 35-40 and in E8400@ 4Ghz run 55-60 fps.
But this game is not well optimized, u need more cpu power then other games to run it.

Mokelle

(04-12-2009, 03:23 AM)predator Wrote: [ -> ]In my E4500@3.0Ghz run 35-40 and in E8400@ 4Ghz run 55-60 fps.
But this game is not well optimized, u need more cpu power then other games to run it.

This is very interesting info but there's a huge processing gap between 8 and 40 fps (not to mention 60)
that i don't think can be explained by the difference in processing power between my CPU and the CPUs
you mention. Also bear in mind that i run the game at its native resolution and in windowed mode.
Maybe it is a matter of optimization as you already said....

Could you plz tell me what your Dolphin configuration is for Tenchu?

Also any idea where i can find the Direct3D plugin for Dolphin? (i use the OpenGL one)
(04-12-2009, 03:57 AM)Mokelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2009, 03:23 AM)predator Wrote: [ -> ]In my E4500@3.0Ghz run 35-40 and in E8400@ 4Ghz run 55-60 fps.

This is very interesting info but there's a huge processing gap between 8 and 40 fps (not to mention 60)
that i don't think can be explained by the difference in processing power between my CPU and the CPUs
you mention. Also bear in mind that i run the game at its native resolution and in windowed mode.
Maybe it is a matter of optimization as you already said....

Could you plz tell me what your Dolphin configuration is for Tenchu?

Also any idea where i can find the Direct3D plugin for Dolphin? (i use the OpenGL one)

Its not only about frequency but also technologie for Exemp
E8400@3Ghz = E4500@ 3.8 so E8000 is more powerful then E5000 or
E 2000 Series @ same frequency ...
i have no special setting its all about cpu.
error "DVDLowSeek"

help?
Disable Idle Skipping
Not Work nosound97

Error DVDLowSeek problem continuous Sad
Pages: 1 2