Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sims 2 issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rmills55

Hi all, I'm new here, thanks for having me Smile

I've been playing sims 2 on my phone in preformance mode (mate 20 Pro) and usually the game runs at a nice speed but it commonly crashes when trying to change cloths in wardrobe.

So I'm going to try it on pc, to see if I get same issue. I've read that the game save corrupts half way through if not using gamecube memory card, as it's a known issue with the game, is there a certain memory card I can use to avoid this with the emulator?

Many thanks all
I don't really understand... If you don't have a GameCube memory card, isn't it impossible to save at all? Huh

rmills55

(04-09-2020, 03:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really understand... If you don't have a GameCube memory card, isn't it impossible to save at all? Huh

Sorry, what I mean to say is that the game save corrupts half way through game on a third party branded memory card on real hardware, only works with official nintendo memory card.

So I'm unsure how the emulators memory card works with games in this instance
Oh, okay. I don't believe Dolphin has any of the problems associated with third-party memory cards, though I can't promise anything with 100% certainty. It'll probably be fine, but you might want to make regular backups of your save file if you want to be on the safe side.

rmills55

(04-09-2020, 03:50 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, okay. I don't believe Dolphin has any of the problems associated with third-party memory cards, though I can't promise anything with 100% certainty. It'll probably be fine, but you might want to make regular backups of your save file if you want to be on the safe side.

Thank you for your input, based on this page I'm guessing it still doesn't work:
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=The_Sims_2

If I keep a save state also, this is unaffect by normal save, correct?
Thank you