Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3D - Ghosting / Not Bloom - Convergence?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Haunted_Robot

Hello Everyone!

I recently picked up a used 3D Panasonic Plasma (Active Shutter) TV and tried Dolphin 3D on it last night. If you are a fan of 3D Gaming, then you know how amazing this software is!!!!

Issue: I tried Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Epic Mickey. I will do my best to explain this issue:

If you cross your eyes and can force yourself too see three versions of an object, that's what I'm getting..

In Epic Mickey, if I use Side by Side 3D, I get two faded (ghost like) Wii Mote pointers to the left and right of the actual pointer. Additionally, I get two faded ghosted images of some of the items in the game. Is this due to a setting I'm missing or adjusting the 3D settings? Additionally, if I switch to top/bottom 3D, the two additional ghosted pointers now move from left to right to above and below the actual Wii onscreen pointer.

I tried to look up information on this, but I could only find people's issue with Bloom, and this seems different. Does this require maybe adjusting the convergence slide bar under the 3D settings?

Thanks for any help on this! Big Grin
Splitting is super common in most forms of 3d, your eyes do it already. Adjust the 3D settings so its minimized. Side by side should be the most effective form

Haunted_Robot

(04-09-2020, 04:01 AM)KatIsntGood Wrote: [ -> ]Splitting is super common in most forms of 3d, your eyes do it already. Adjust the 3D settings so its minimized. Side by side should be the most effective form

Thanks for the great reply! Smile 

Would you recommend the convergence setting to minimize / depth, or something else in dolphin? 

Thanks again!

Haunted_Robot

I got everything dialed in and it's truly amazing!

Playing with depth and convergence was infinitely easier once I setup a 2nd monitor and could adjust on that and not the 3D screen. 

Thanks again!