Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controller setup issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

C0L0SSUS

I am having an issue configuring a PS4 controller. I am not using DS4 windows. I had serious connectivity issues with that. My controller is connected via Bluetooth and appears in as device (Dinput/0/Wireless Controller) I have set the controller under standard for GameCube controller and assigned the buttons. That doesn’t work, the buttons work when assigning them but when booting the game nothing happens, however that could be connected to the game I am trying to run is not compatible with a GameCube controller (Mario Party 8). I tried to emulate the wii remote instead and it partially worked but I also may not be setting it up correctly. I have researched this for 2 days and I finally am to terms that I need help with it. I hope this doesn’t break any rules but would someone mind connecting to me through TeamViewer and help me set this up?
Indeed, Mario Party 8 doesn't support GameCube controllers.

C0L0SSUS

(04-08-2020, 06:31 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, Mario Party 8 doesn't support GameCube controllers.

Is there a way to use a PS4 controller as a Wiimote with the latest version of Dolphin? I want to be able to play wii games and GameCube games without the need to switch controllers. I have contemplated getting actual wiimotes but I am hoping that there is a configuration that will work with what I already have.