Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 1080p Recommended GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I actually thought of another question related to this - would you guys recommend using Synchronous or Asynchronous Ubershaders for the GT 1030? I wasn't sure if using Asynchronus Ubershaders (with "Compile Shaders Before Starting" checked) had any performance impact versus using none.
Asynchronous Ubershaders for sure. Synchronous ubershader is only meant for test issues with asynchronous as it requires much most GPU power to use.
(05-29-2020, 06:50 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Asynchronous Ubershaders for sure. Synchronous ubershader is only meant for test issues with asynchronous as it requires much most GPU power to use.

Sorry, I worded my question wrong actually - I was referring to just plain Synchronous (no ubershaders).
(05-29-2020, 06:57 AM)AwesomeMarioFan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I worded my question wrong actually - I was referring to just plain Synchronous (no ubershaders).

There is no real reason to use plain synchronous over asynchronous ubershaders unless you have some old mobile graphics driver that crashes as soon as you use ubershaders at all.
(05-29-2020, 07:04 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There is no real reason to use plain synchronous over asynchronous ubershaders unless you have some old mobile graphics driver that crashes as soon as you use ubershaders at all.

Ok, I have enabled it now, thanks! I am assuming checking the option "Compile Shaders Before Starting" is also recommended? I enabled it and it compiled shaders for some games before starting them but only the first time.

Also, when using vsync is it better to enable Dolphin's vsync option or to enable it in the Nvidia control panel instead?
It idea so it won't occur during gameplay the idea and cause stutter then. I don't think it matter where the vsync is active from, but I would use dolphin setting though since it would be easier to change in dolphin menus.
Pages: 1 2