Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "unexpected parameter"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cathlene

Huh
Hey everyone,
I'm totally not great with computers!! Just wanting to relive some of my childhood playing animal crossing for GC. I used Dolphin previously with paper mario years ago & never had an issue, now I am getting an error message that says unexpected parameter. I have tried to look at several similar answers however I don't understand how to fix the problem as like I said, I am not technically skilled.

Please help !!!

Thanks,
Cathlene Smile
It would help if we knew more about your computer. You can use the Device Manager, the "About" page in System Settings, or free online programs like Speccy by Piriform to get that information for your profile.

At the top of this page, click the Download link, and then download the latest dev build of Dolphin. You'll also probably need to click the link that says "64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2019" to download and install that update to make the latest dev builds work. You'll need to extract all the files in the dev build zip folder to get Dolphin to run correctly. Do not unzip the files over the installation of a stable version of Dolphin.

If the dev builds don't fix the problem, in Dolphin's game list, if you right-click on Animal Crossing, choose Properties, and then go to the Verify tab, you can check if your game dump is a good copy.