Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Games Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SammyDotNet

I'm attempting to run Wii games on Dolphin 5.0 (the most recent stable version). Specifically, I'm trying to run the games "Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort" and "New Super Mario Bros. Wii." In Dolphin 5.0, it also just displays Wii games as Gamecube games. Also, the only games I can get to run are Smash Melee and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, both being Gamecube games. I've tried the previous stable version to no avail, and the unstable versions don't download due to files not being found. The only thing I can get to happen with Wii games is get a black screen to appear. I've changed graphics settings and changed directories and I can't get anything to display. Any help would be much appreciated.
At the top of the Download page is the link for the missing files for the dev build. Download and install that, then try the dev builds again.

SammyDotNet

(04-04-2020, 07:10 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]At the top of the Download page is the link for the missing files for the dev build. Download and install that, then try the dev builds again.

That's not the problem. I saw that the 3 missing files are all in the same folder as the exe file. I believe i may have to find where the files belong because the place that the exe file is searching for doesn't have them. The folder's name is Dolphin x64. The files are "Qt5Core.dll," "Qt5Gui.dll," and "Qt5Widgets.dll."[attachment=18706]
(04-04-2020, 07:43 AM)SammyDotNet Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the problem. I saw that the 3 missing files are all in the same folder as the exe file.

You need to extract this whole folder before running Dolphin.

SammyDotNet

(04-04-2020, 07:46 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You need to extract this whole folder before running Dolphin.

o thanks im so stupid