Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crash when starting game, if JIT is selected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running Dolphin version 5.0 in my Macbook pro. OSX version is 10.14.6. When I select JIT as the emulation engine, Dolphin always crash when it starts any game. If I select interpreter or cached interpreter engine, Dolphin can play games.

I have tried 5.0 release build and many 5.0 dev biulds. All of them have this problem. However, if I select JITIL engine of 5.0 release build, Dolphin can play games. I also tried 4.0 release build. The JIT engine of 4.0 works very well. It does not crash.

Is there any way to fix this problem?
Do you know what version of dolphin started crashing?
I have not yet tested any 5.0 development version early than 5.0 stable. I will have a try in these days. Did anybody else ever encounter such kind of problem?
From version 4.0-3271, JIT engine crashes Dolphin on my macbook.
Try the latest development version of Dolphin and post back to us if it still has the same issues
Yes, latest 5.0-11827 version still has this issue.
(04-05-2020, 12:45 AM)chaochin Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, latest 5.0-11827 version still has this issue.

Try creating a portable.txt file in the same folder as Dolphin is saved (or doesn't that work for MacOSX?) That should create Dolphin's settings in the same folder instead of putting them in a system/user wide folder. If it doesn't work like that on OSX than you should try renaming the system/user wide settings folder and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't fix it, then try removing everything Dolphin related (so also the user/system wide folder) and downloading+installing the latest dev version from scratch.

If that doesn't fix your issues, then there is something wrong with your OSX, you could try the steps listed in on this site (which I use to fix issues with my wife's 2017MBP): https://michaelkummer.com/tech/apple/mac-first-aid/
(04-05-2020, 03:58 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Try creating a portable.txt file in the same folder as Dolphin is saved (or doesn't that work for MacOSX?) That should create Dolphin's settings in the same folder instead of putting them in a system/user wide folder. If it doesn't work like that on OSX than you should try renaming the system/user wide settings folder and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't fix it, then try removing everything Dolphin related (so also the user/system wide folder) and downloading+installing the latest dev version from scratch.

If that doesn't fix your issues, then there is something wrong with your OSX, you could try the steps listed in on this site (which I use to fix issues with my wife's 2017MBP): https://michaelkummer.com/tech/apple/mac-first-aid/

1. Creating portable.txt under the same folder with Dolphin prevents Dolphin to start. A dialog inform me that Dolphin is damaged, when I start it.

2. When I test dev build, I alway install them from scratch.

3. If anybody can help to revert https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1104 and create a dev build, I can help to test if it can fix the problem.
Any idea to fix this problem?
Uh, did you actually try the steps on the link mstreurman provided you?
Pages: 1 2