Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulated Wiimote isn't being recognized and can't be mapped with a Mayflas GC Adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Evohevo

I set up my GC Adapter to work with Dolphin and using it as a GC Controller works flawlessly. But when trying to use an emulated Wiimote i can't use the adapter to map controls, as it's not recognized as an input device.

Also, whenever i start a Wii game i continously get the message "Wiimote disconnected by emulated Software". Even when mapping buttons to the keyboard, the Wiimote immediately disconnects again. I'm currently on Version 5.0, but i tried 4.0.2 and 4.0.1 aswell, which produced the same result.
(04-03-2020, 09:13 PM)Evohevo Wrote: [ -> ]I set up my GC Adapter to work with Dolphin and using it as a GC Controller works flawlessly. But when trying to use an emulated Wiimote i can't use the adapter to map controls, as it's not recognized as an input device.

Set the adapter to PC mode if you want to be able to map it to whatever controls you want.

(04-03-2020, 09:13 PM)Evohevo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, whenever i start a Wii game i continously get the message "Wiimote disconnected by emulated Software". Even when mapping buttons to the keyboard, the Wiimote immediately disconnects again. I'm currently on Version 5.0, but i tried 4.0.2 and 4.0.1 aswell, which produced the same result.

This will be fixed if you update to a development version of Dolphin

Evohevo

(04-03-2020, 09:16 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Set the adapter to PC mode if you want to be able to map it to whatever controls you want.

The PC Mode on my Adapter doesn't work properly, i probably messed something up while configuring for Dolphin a while back. I've tried reinstalling the drivers since, but the official Mayflash program doesn't work, as it doesn't seem to detect the device.

Quote:This will be fixed  if you update to a development version of Dolphin

I've tried installing the most recent dev versions, but keep getting errors when trying to open either the emulator or updater. Using the 3.0 Version did work for Wiimotes though.
(04-03-2020, 10:06 PM)Evohevo Wrote: [ -> ]The PC Mode on my Adapter doesn't work properly, i probably messed something up while configuring for Dolphin a while back. I've tried reinstalling the drivers since, but the official Mayflash program doesn't work, as it doesn't seem to detect the device.

If you ran Zadig on the adapter while it was in PC mode, try uninstalling the adapter's drivers using the Device Manager (while the adapter is in PC mode).

(04-03-2020, 10:06 PM)Evohevo Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried installing the most recent dev versions, but keep getting errors when trying to open either the emulator or updater.

If it's the error about VCRUNTIME140_1.dll being missing, follow the instructions at the top of Dolphin's download page.

Evohevo

The dev version works thanks to Visual C++ and so does the Adapter after uninstalling the Driver.

I'll have to try around a bit with manual mapping, but thanks for all your help  Smile