Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS drops in Metroid Prime 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, been trying to play Metroid Prime 2 on Dolphin and noticed fps drops whenever I'm near one of the portals in the game. I also noticed some slowdown in large rooms.

I hope I can find a way to get around these problems. Any help would be useful.
Test it with 3xIR and try others video backend like vulkan and D3D12, also make sure you are using async ubershader, I dunno what the name is but it something like that, since the slowdown you are getting is most likelly a GPU bound, however if you are limited by the CPU I afraid you won't be able to fix it.

Meanwhile share here your dolphin settings.
okay, my settings are attached down below
Nice, your settings are fine, as long you didn't changed anything via gameini, one thing i would check though is "Vsync".

Now all you need to know is if your AMD Ryzen 5 2400G is good enough, i have no idea atm, test those parts that were with slowdown again.
okay I checked on vsync. still getting some slowdown (40 to 50 fps but it does drop to the 20fps range at times). music is also stuttering.
okay went and tested again. still getting 30 fps near portals but the rooms are at around 40 to 50 FPS.
Seems like something is going on with the Prime games in laters versions. The trilogy stutters, async ubershaders doesn't seem to help at all. Are you playing the GC version?
(04-04-2020, 06:34 PM)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like something is going on with the Prime games in laters versions. The trilogy stutters, async ubershaders doesn't seem to help at all. Are you playing the GC version?

yeah I am playing the GC version
(04-04-2020, 09:03 PM)twotonedearly Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I am playing the GC version

I tried the GC version briefly and didn't notice any major drops. I'll give the trilogy another go and see what's up
(04-05-2020, 03:42 AM)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the GC version briefly and didn't notice any major drops. I'll give the trilogy another go and see what's up

ah okay. meantime I'll wait and see if there is anything else I can do to improve fps on Metroid Prime 2