Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenEmu Day of Reckoning 2 Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

joeydoe0

Hi community, I recently started WWE Day of Reckoning 2 on OpenEmu (through Dolphin ofc) and despite my shitty macbook everything works great except for a seemingly old problem, according to the dolphin wiki page on Day of Reckoning 2 where any attempt to create a superstar results in black textures. I'm not to sure how to resolve this issue, whether it has to do with my 'rig' or the emulator. Any help is greatly appreciated, I just wanna wrestle lol.
At the top of this site, click the Download button and download the latest dev build of Dolphin and see if that fixes your issue.

joeydoe0

(04-04-2020, 05:31 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]At the top of this site, click the Download button and download the latest dev build of Dolphin and see if that fixes your issue.

The textures certainly do popup when using the purely using the latest version of Dolphin, but unfortunately the game doesn't run as smoothly as it does as when I run it through OpenEmu. Is there a way I could use this latest dev build of Dolphin as the 'core' for OpenEmu?
(04-04-2020, 04:44 PM)joeydoe0 Wrote: [ -> ]The textures certainly do popup when using the purely using the latest version of Dolphin, but unfortunately the game doesn't run as smoothly as it does as when I run it through OpenEmu. Is there a way I could use this latest dev build of Dolphin as the 'core' for OpenEmu?

Short answer: no. Long answer: OpenEmu uses a fork of Dolphin bundled in up in a way that works with their system, so you can't just drop in regular Dolphin. They've also made some changes to Dolphin, in part to speed it up at the cost of accuracy, which is what you're likely seeing here. Hopefully we can figure out the problem, so it can be reported for them to fix

When you say it doesn't run smoothly, do you mean that the FPS is not hitting 30/60 fps some of the time, or its not hitting 30/60 fps all of the time?

As for making the dev build of Dolphin work better on your computer, here are some things to try:
-In Graphics > General tab, change Shader Compilation to Asynchronous Ubershaders and check the box for Compile Shaders Before Starting
-In Graphics > General tab, change the backend from OpenGL to Vulkan and see if that helps