Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: black screens with sound in the dolphin emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a Dolphin SVN Build 4525. the problem happens when i try to run the game Alien hominid, i got a black screen but i can hear sound. how can i fix this?

My computer info:

windows xp service pack 2
nvidia geforce 9400gt with 1gb gddr2 memory
1.50 gb ram
intel pentiun 4 ( 3.00 GHZ )
Mm....Try using the latest Revision or use DX9 video plugin.
Four problems.
1. I'm using the latest version.
2. the graphic card I'm using is directx 10. ( higher then 9 )
3. i met the requirements.
4. i cannot find other dolphin video plugin.
Mm....
1._ If the newest Version doesnt work with the game try the latest that worked with that game.
2._Even using DX 10, because that DX9 Video plugin works in most of the cases with DX9.
3._See if you have SS2, SS3 , SS4 support.
4._You cant find other video plugin? Mm....So what plugin are you using¿. Try using the link James333 gave you to updating your DX.
(12-20-2009, 02:08 AM)aeoo Wrote: [ -> ]Four problems.
1. I'm using the latest version.
no , find the latest revision here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html
(12-20-2009, 02:08 AM)aeoo Wrote: [ -> ]2. the graphic card I'm using is directx 10. ( higher then 9 )
Ok , and ?
(12-20-2009, 02:08 AM)aeoo Wrote: [ -> ]3. i met the requirements.
Ok but if you need them they are here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html
(12-20-2009, 02:08 AM)aeoo Wrote: [ -> ]4. i cannot find other dolphin video plugin.
======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater
thank you james for the link but i still the black screen. i switch to dolphin direct3d 9 plugin and i got a message saying dolphin has a problem and needs to close. can somebody help?
Check "Use panic handlers" in general config and try again , maybe another error message will pop up
thanks but i got this error message.
"no possible memory base pointer found!"
help me with this!
Ok , that error is there since the devs tried to get rid off the " 1 GB of RAM ddsadsa " error , and it only affects D3D plugin , you can bypass the error deleting the Dolphin.ini in *\User\Configs or using the memcard manager

If you try with the OGL plugin you should get the real error
thank you! it worked now but i have to delete the file everytime i exit.

thanks!