Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wii games crash the emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

javdk

[attachment=18680][attachment=18680][attachment=18680]whenever i try to run my wii games on the emulator, the window opens up with a black screen after maybe a minute or so it crashes. it then flashes an error message that i have attached in the image. I've already scowered this forum for answers to this problem and ive come across a few solutions that i've tried and that have failed

- disabling fullscreen
- changing graphical backend to direct3d
-switching to version, 4.0.2, 50.0 (stable), 5.0 (most recent dev release).

keep in mind that my gamecube games work perfectly fine. i have no idea why others are able to fix this problem and i am not, in all honesty, it has me a bit salty. the games i have tried so far are mario galaxy, mario galaxy 2, and lego batman 2. all of which are meant to work just fine.

i would really love to fix this problem as with this quarantine i have been bored out of my mind. thank you!

javdk

(04-01-2020, 03:47 AM)javdk Wrote: [ -> ][attachment=18681]whenever i try to run my wii games on the emulator, the window opens up with a black screen after maybe a minute or so it crashes. it then flashes an error message that i have attached in the image. I've already scowered this forum for answers to this problem and ive come across a few solutions that i've tried and that have failed

- disabling fullscreen
- changing graphical backend to direct3d
-switching to version, 4.0.2, 50.0 (stable), 5.0 (most recent dev release).

keep in mind that my gamecube games work perfectly fine. i have no idea why others are able to fix this problem and i am not, in all honesty, it has me a bit salty. the games i have tried so far are mario galaxy, mario galaxy 2, and lego batman 2. all of which are meant to work just fine.

i would really love to fix this problem as with this quarantine i have been bored out of my mind. thank you!

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/attachment.php?aid=18681 sorry here is the attachment i was talking about
Can you run the game verification? (Add the games to dolphin's game list, then right click, properties, verify, verify integrity)

javdk

(04-01-2020, 09:01 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Can you run the game verification? (Add the games to dolphin's game list, then right click, properties, verify, verify integrity)

i looked this up and on the latest dev build it doesnt give me this option. the tabs stop at filesystem....
Please use nothing but the latest versions as their has been major bug fixes and changes since then. What file type is you wii games? Having them in iso format is the best option. WBFS and whatever other formats can have issues. Also very your disc to see if it is a good dump. I have all the wii games you listed and they work perfectly fine.

javdk

(04-01-2020, 01:22 PM)TomSea64 Wrote: [ -> ]Please use nothing but the latest versions as their has been major bug fixes and changes since then. What file type is you wii games? Having them in iso format is the best option. WBFS and whatever other formats can have issues. Also very your disc to see if it is a good dump. I have all the wii games you listed and they work perfectly fine.

it says it is an nkit.gcz, do you know how i could possibly convert it into an iso?
(04-01-2020, 12:17 PM)javdk Wrote: [ -> ]i looked this up and on the latest dev build it doesnt give me this option. the tabs stop at filesystem....

The Verify tab is right before the Filesystem tab. If it's not there, you don't have the latest dev build.

(04-01-2020, 03:24 PM)javdk Wrote: [ -> ]it says it is an nkit.gcz, do you know how i could possibly convert it into an iso?

You convert back from NKit the same way you converted the games to NKit.