Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamepad - buttons work but d-pad doesn't
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,

I've got everything up and running with Dolphin, and I've been trying to configure my Sidewinder gamepad. It's detected in the Wiimote settings and I can see the dot move around in the analog area where you test up/down/left/right.

I've configured the individual buttons, but when I load up Mario Bros Wii, my d-pad doesn't work. The buttons however, work in the game exactly as I programmed them.

How do I enable the d-pad? I have already ticked the option for "sideways wiimote" and I don't know what else to do.

thanks
Set up respective setting where you set A, B, +, - and other buttons, not where you set analogs and see moving dots (it's for tilt and swing movements)
(12-19-2009, 09:34 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Set up respective setting where you set A, B, +, - and other buttons, not where you set analogs and see moving dots (it's for tilt and swing movements)

I have set up the buttons. They work fine. The d-pad does not. If I click the button to configure LEFT and push left on the d-pad, it does not get detected. However the dot in the analog area goes left, so to some extent Dolphin knows the Sidewinder is there. It just won't let me configure up/down/left/right.

meaghers

(12-19-2009, 10:02 PM)Prizm Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2009, 09:34 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Set up respective setting where you set A, B, +, - and other buttons, not where you set analogs and see moving dots (it's for tilt and swing movements)

I have set up the buttons. They work fine. The d-pad does not. If I click the button to configure LEFT and push left on the d-pad, it does not get detected. However the dot in the analog area goes left, so to some extent Dolphin knows the Sidewinder is there. It just won't let me configure up/down/left/right.

I had the same trouble Sad

But! XPadder fixed it for me! I just map the d-pad on my sidewinder to the arrow keys on the keboard et voila!

Hope this helps