Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime Trilogy stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

esanscoopsers

I can't get metroid prime trilogy to run very well. weirdly it seems to run worse on the latest dev build compared to 5.0. Dual core speedup breaks the game on the latest dev build and none of the shader compilation options work very well. I've seen people run this game at near perfection so any help to do this on my system would be appreciated.
I'm in the same boat, these games run very poorly right now, dual core can't be used since it crashes straight away and Asynchronous Ubershaders doesn't seem to help at all.
I was also able to play these game just fine before, only MP3 stuttered a bit. But now I can't run any of the games without hovering around 20-60 fps and stutters.

I've tried all backends as well.

I have a Core I-5 4670K@4.0Ghz, 16GB DDR3 and a Nvidia Geforce 1060.
Any known changes the past months that could cause Prime Trilogy to run poorly?

Thanks!

esanscoopsers

I figured it out

-use dolphin 4.0.2
-force 16:9
-use fullscreen
-internal resolution: auto (window size)
-no anti-aliasing (use reshade FXAA instead)
-anisotropic filtering 16x
-scaled efb copy
-disable per-pixel lighting
-disable force texture filtering
-audio backend: openAL
-dolby pro logic 2 decoder
-latency 2
(04-02-2020, 05:00 AM)esanscoopsers Wrote: [ -> ]I figured it out

-use dolphin 4.0.2
-force 16:9
-use fullscreen
-internal resolution: auto (window size)
-no anti-aliasing (use reshade FXAA instead)
-anisotropic filtering 16x
-scaled efb copy
-disable per-pixel lighting
-disable force texture filtering
-audio backend: openAL
-dolby pro logic 2 decoder
-latency 2

That's a really old version though. Missing many features, among them bluetooth passthrough, I rather hope they can fix the Prime Trilogy in current versions instead.
So it's really not a solution.
You might be interested in Primehack, it's a modified version of Dolphin specifically for playing Metroid Prime Trilogy. It even has mouse/keyboard support, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with actual remotes. Here's a link to the updater, which can also be used to install Primehack.
I have not played Metro Prime trilogy in about a month but i don't remember there being any issues besides some stutter here and there. I also played the gamecube versions aswell. Maybe your CPU is the issue? I have an i5-8600k @5.1ghz so my experience with the game was already pretty solid and i have a 2080S
(04-03-2020, 05:24 AM)TomSea64 Wrote: [ -> ]I have not played Metro Prime trilogy in about a month but i don't remember there being any issues besides some stutter here and there. I also played the gamecube versions aswell. Maybe your CPU is the issue? I have an i5-8600k @5.1ghz so my experience with the game was already pretty solid and i  have a 2080S

IPC on the Intel side hasn´t received that much of a boost since Haswell, so I highly doubt he needs a newer CPU right now.
(04-02-2020, 07:31 PM)SCOTT0852 Wrote: [ -> ]You might be interested in Primehack, it's a modified version of Dolphin specifically for playing Metroid Prime Trilogy. It even has mouse/keyboard support, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with actual remotes. Here's a link to the updater, which can also be used to install Primehack.

I have Primehack as well and while I do enjoy playing with mouse and keyboard I think the wiimote works better, more authentic.
And Ishiruuka stutters as well, just not nearly as bad.

Thanks though!