Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: (Wii) Mario Kart losing frame rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BB1

When I play mario kart on this emulator, i am losing frame rate and in addition the pace of the car is significant slower.

My computer is i5-480M 2.66ghz, geforce GT 425M, 8GB ddr3 ram. directX 11.

Seriously, i think my computer should be good enough to run any wii games. I understand there is some technical issue difference regards playing on wii/computer.

But can you guy improve a bit more on dolphin takes less game-code to emulate faster and smoother with most standard notebook or PC.

I know dolphin doesn't need a 4 or more cpu to run it. But should it able to maximize its capacity and takes more computer resources wisely.
Your CPU is actually pretty old for Dolphin. Anything before Sandy Bridge for Intel or Ryzen for AMD is going to have a tough time emulating a lot of games due to performance issues. Your GPU is equally as old and will probably struggle to run games if you increase the resolution too much. Additionally, Mario Kart Wii can be particularly demanding for a GPU in some spots on some courses.

Dolphin hasn't run well on such hardware in years (since the 3.0 days). Since then, the hardware requirements have risen a bit. You laptop is almost 10 years old as well, so I wouldn't exactly call it standard. At any rate, a lot of people seriously underestimate what it takes to emulate the GameCube and Wii, on a technical and hardware level. You can see our FAQ here: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#why-do...late-old-c