Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Decent PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a GTX1060, 8GB ram upgrading to 16gb ddr4 sdram on Tuesday, and an I5, I5 has 6 cores each at about 2.4-7ghz, haven't checked in a little bit.
Can I run games? I hit 100% but I seem to get frame drops, or this ugly lag, its not butter ;-; How can I fix?
If you can tell us the exact model of i5, that would be helpful. If it has 6 cores, it sounds pretty recent though, and anything since Haswell is going to run most games without issue even at 2.4GHz. So, your CPU should be good regardless of the model, but just in case, let us know the specifics.

At any rate, with your setup, you should be running a lot games just fine. You should know, however, that certain games can be extremely demanding no matter your hardware, so be sure to list which games you're trying to play or which ones you've tested so far.

Additionally, make sure you're using decent settings for graphics. You might want to try Asynchronous (Ubershaders) and see if Vulkan helps if you're not already using that as the backend. Try to avoid the Synchronous (Ubershaders) as it's very demanding for what it does.
I5-8400 @ 2.80ghz per core
You should try what was posted above but you also might want to see if you graphic card driver are updated.
It is updated, yes.
I'm looking to play Spongebob's (good) games, Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, and Animal Crossing. However, across all games, there is this stutter in the emulation, without dropping a single frame! I've reinstalled, installed, reset, changed, done everything to fix it. It just won't. fix.
(03-25-2020, 08:42 AM)AlexiosHD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking to play Spongebob's (good) games, Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, and Animal Crossing. However, across all games, there is this stutter in the emulation, without dropping a single frame! I've reinstalled, installed, reset, changed, done everything to fix it. It just won't. fix.

You have to understand that stutering exist on emulators no matter what..
But in your case..To have intense stuttering something probably goes wrong..
May I see your dolphin-emu configuration? Screenshots or Copy/Paste the .inis