Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii remote connection issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had dolphin for a few years now, ripped a few of my favorite games that I've had since roughly 2010-11 and now, I've gotten some new wiimotes to play with. Problem is, neither my pc nor laptop can detect the wiimotes. I've even gone through the whole process with Zadig to change my adapters type on my pc as its adapter is one of the adapters that need to be forced to connect. Still nothing. On my laptop the only devices that show up are the occasional "Unknown device" which I doubt is really ever the wiimote. Is there any other way I can get this working? I've tried countless tutorials, going into dolphin, switching between manual refresh and continuous scanning, going and making a Personal Area Network, converting my adapters PID and VID values to decimal to try and force the adapter through, yet nothing has worked. What now?
There are two different bluetooth modes.
One emulates the adapter, and doesn't use zadig. This is the mode that you use either continuous scanning or click the refresh button while your wii remote is syncing.
The other mode is bluetooth passthrough. This mode requires you to use zadig. Using zadig will prevent windows from using the bluetooth device as a bt device. You then need to select bluetooth passthrough in the controllers menu, and then hit sync on both the controller and dolphin.
(03-21-2020, 12:19 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]There are two different bluetooth modes.
One emulates the adapter, and doesn't use zadig. This is the mode that you use either continuous scanning or click the refresh button while your wii remote is syncing.
The other mode is bluetooth passthrough. This mode requires you to use zadig. Using zadig will prevent windows from using the bluetooth device as a bt device. You then need to select bluetooth passthrough in the controllers menu, and then hit sync on both the controller and dolphin.

I've been using Zadig with no luck, though I found another post which shows a way to fix that I haven't tried yet, however, I'm unable to do so much as complete the first step. Said step says to download Windows PR 4385, however the link in the post doesn't work for me and just keeps bringing up 404 errors and google doesn't seem to be of much help either. Do you or really anyone else know of a link or website or whatever where I can download this build from?