Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is real wiimote support over dolphin working yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Marbles

me and my friends have been playing wii party over dolphin with real wiimotes by setting up emulated controllers passthrough but is there any verison where real wiimote support is working over netplay properly? we are on 5.0-11765
If you've set the controller settings to "Real Wii Remote", then netplay will not work – this remains unchanged. There is however a new feature that lets you more easily map a physical Wii Remote to an emulated Wii Remote, without having to use any external programs.

Marbles

(03-18-2020, 06:35 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you've set the controller settings to "Real Wii Remote", then netplay will not work – this remains unchanged. There is however a new feature that lets you more easily map a physical Wii Remote to an emulated Wii Remote, without having to use any external programs.

is this the connect wii remote for emulated controllers feature?
(03-19-2020, 12:42 AM)Marbles Wrote: [ -> ]is this the connect wii remote for emulated controllers feature?

Yes.

Marbles

(03-19-2020, 12:44 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

is there any guide on mapping a wii remote to everything? for example how do you map all the motion simulation settings?
The names in the GUI match the names in the emulated interface. Just right click the boxes for each one and find the one that matches. Select it, apply.
(03-19-2020, 01:03 AM)Marbles Wrote: [ -> ]is there any guide on mapping a wii remote to everything? for example how do you map all the motion simulation settings?

I recommend leaving "Motion Simulation" completely unmapped.
Use the default mappings for "Motion Input".

This will give you near 1:1 accelerometer/gyroscope input with simulated sensorbar data.

You'll need to manually map the "Motion Input" tab of your Nunchuk if desired.
Just map Accel/Up to `Nunchuk Accel Up` and so on.