Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this laptop be able to run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

itscamilo

I need to buy a cheap gaming laptop since i want to atleast do work and play some games so i decided to come here and ask. The laptop is https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Nitro-5-.../820048669 is it good enough? Just curious.
It should be able to handle most of the GC/Wii library. You'll have a bad time with that standard 1TB HDD. You might want to look into getting a boot SSD. Specifically since the model you linked is the AN515-42, use this link for instructions

Or if you'd want to spend a little bit more, you can get a stronger version of the Acer Nitro 5. You'd trade hard drive size for a better CPU/GPU/SSD/Battery

itscamilo

(03-18-2020, 10:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It should be able to handle most of the GC/Wii library. You'll have a bad time with that standard 1TB HDD. You might want to look into getting a boot SSD. Specifically since the model you linked is the AN515-42, use this link for instructions

Or if you'd want to spend a little bit more, you can get a stronger version of the Acer Nitro 5. You'd trade hard drive size for a better CPU/GPU/SSD/Battery
so the other version you linked me is stronger? ok thanks! I found this pc selling for cheap with the same specs so thank for helping! now i can decide!