Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GnomeSlice

So when I signed up for the forum, at the very bottom it said not to discuss "downloading games" I'm not here to ask about downloading a certain game or what not, but I was wondering what all was wrapped into that. Talking about sites where you download ROMs to play? Asking where to download a certain game? I'm just confused, because I'm new the to whole emulator/ROM thing, and I actually wanted to sign up to ask about where to get a certain game, but I don't want to get banned for asking. Confused Any help is MUCH appreciated! Heart Thanks in advance!

GnomeSlice

Please tell me if this is against the rules to even ask, but I am guessing that asking for clarification won't be breaking the rules, since I am not actually breaking the rule by asking where to download a game. Thanks!
You can get games from places where used games are sold, like eBay. Then you dump the game so that you can play it in Dolphin: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/ripping-games/

Additionally, there are a few Wii games that can be bought digitally from the eShop on the Wii U. They're more annoying to dump than discs, though.

Any other way of obtaining games is illegal and will not be discussed here.