Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game Stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KingOfQueer

Alrighty, so in basics, I'm just trying to play Twilight Princess for the GameCube. Frames dropped, now it's working at 50% speed, audio is stuttering as well. Read forums, things say "Just run the game at full speed". I have no clue what the hell they mean, people talking about HLE and I don't know what that is. I'm not that much of a computer junkie. I just wanna play Twilight Princess.
Change your windows and nvidia power plan to high performance. Enable the hyrule field speed hack by right clicking the game in dolpin, clicking patches, and checking the hack.

KingOfQueer

(03-16-2020, 01:28 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Change your windows and nvidia power plan to high performance. Enable the hyrule field speed hack by right clicking the game in dolpin, clicking patches, and checking the hack.
I'm sorry but I'm confused on what you mean by right click it in Dolphin? Dolphin will just open a new window for my emulation, and the .iso is saved in a different folder than Dolphin. Does it have to do with the whole "Double click here to set a games directory?" Because I just attempted that and I'm unsure exactly what it wants me to do once I double click. I'll keep troubleshooting on my own in the meantime, but I really appreciate the help.
(03-16-2020, 03:46 AM)KingOfQueer Wrote: [ -> ]Does it have to do with the whole "Double click here to set a games directory?"

Yes. Double-click there, navigate to the directory that your games are in, and press Open (or whatever the button is called, I don't remember exactly). Then the games in that folder will show up in Dolphin's game list, where you can right-click them to access the Game Properties.

KingOfQueer

(03-16-2020, 03:52 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Double-click there, navigate to the directory that your games are in, and press Open (or whatever the button is called, I don't remember exactly). Then the games in that folder will show up in Dolphin's game list, where you can right-click them to access the Game Properties.

thank you both so much this literally just made my day. Keep up the good work on the emulator! It works pretty well!