Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen Flickering in Dolphin Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AV8R Jets

Every time I open Dolphin, it's almost like Windows Explorer crashes and reboots for like a second, repeating every few. My entire screen goes black for a few moments repeatedly. This isn't tied to a game either, it happens when I open the Dolphin program, when I'm just sitting in the menu. I've tried messing with my graphics card power settings, I've tried using my integrated graphics card, no matter what happens I can't get it to work stably. I've tried using the latest stable build, the second latest, etc. It makes my computer unusable when Dolphin is running. Any help? It feels like explorer crashes, because of the state things are sometimes when the screen "turns back on" (the backlight is always on, but everything goes black). If slow, it's the taskbar that loads first, and often my windows go completely black even when the screen is on, causing me to have to restart them.
help Sad
Seems more like a GPU driver crash... You may also want to keep the Task Manager open to check for memory leaks.

Have you made sure you have the latest drivers for the GTX 1050? Windows Update loves to mess with them (usually swapping with older versions).