Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping the IPL.bin from the Gamecube/Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I wanted to dump the 'IPL.bin' from a real Gamecube/Wii, is there a particular tool I could use to dump the Gamecube BIOS?

I was reading the discussion regarding the 'IPL.bin', but I'm unsure on whenever or not the BIOS is located on the Gamecube or the Wii. (If I were to second guess where the file is located, it should obviously have to be the Gamecube I should be using. Feel free to prove me otherwise.)
Been awhile since I did it, but I think all you need is Swiss on a real GC.
I have both the Wii and the Gamecube console back at home. But I was confused if the Gamecube BIOS is in the Wii version.

Also, do you need to run an unofficial application on the Swiss to dump the Gamecube BIOS?
(03-12-2020, 11:57 PM)LDClaudius Wrote: [ -> ]But I was confused if the Gamecube BIOS is in the Wii version.

Wiis do not contain a complete copy of the GameCube BIOS.

(03-12-2020, 11:57 PM)LDClaudius Wrote: [ -> ]Also, do you need to run an unofficial application on the Swiss to dump the Gamecube BIOS?

Swiss is an unofficial application.
Assuming I did have Swiss installed on my Wii. Question is, how do I dump the 'IPL.bin'?
Having Swiss installed on a Wii won't help with dumping IPL.bin. You need to run it on a GameCube.
(03-13-2020, 12:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Having Swiss installed on a Wii won't help with dumping IPL.bin. You need to run it on a GameCube.

Ah, gotcha. I got myself confused here. Allow me to rephrase the question for a second.

Assuming I did got Swiss installed on the Gamecube. How do I dump the 'IPL.bin'?
(03-13-2020, 12:25 AM)LDClaudius Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming I did got Swiss installed on the Gamecube. How do I dump the 'IPL.bin'?

The steps are described here: http://www.wiihacks.org/nintendont#optio...nintendont

Skip the part about renaming the file and changing the Nintendont settings.