Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii game launching as Gamecube game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quantum41

Not sure if this has been disguised, tried to search similar things but didnt get any hits.

I am trying to launch a Wii game with Dolphin and it currently thinks that the file is a Gamecube game. When i try to launch it, it brings up a black screen and i have to force the program to shut down.

Any ideas on how to get past this? thanks!!
You have converted the game to NKit after dumping it. You can avoid the problem by dumping the game again and simply not converting it to NKit.

Quantum41

im not familiar with dumping it like that, i simply have the ISO file from the disk. how would i go about that?

Quantum41

(03-10-2020, 08:42 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You have converted the game to NKit after dumping it. You can avoid the problem by dumping the game again and simply not converting it to NKit.

So i already have the .nkit.iso file ready to go and i still see this.

[Image: eJzNKNW.png]
(03-11-2020, 05:49 AM)Quantum41 Wrote: [ -> ]im not familiar with dumping it like that, i simply have the ISO file from the disk. how would i go about that?

You can do it as follows: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/ripping-games/

But since you have a copy of the game without already knowing this, it means you must have pirated it, which is a bannable offense.