Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to change controls (Emulated Wiimote)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jorelws

Hi!

So I've always loved Nintendo games and never had a wii in my life. So I figured that I could download Dolphin and play some games on there.
I've set everything up. I've got the game file and dolphin 5.0. But when I am to configure the controls for my keybord/mouse they don't save. I havent tried to change anything else.

So the Emulated wiimote is set to "Standard" but when I start a game the controls are different. And when I set a configurated control's profile it does save it. But it dosen't "use" it.
Like I can set it to it. But when I start a game or close down that tab i resets. (close down the controls tab where you config the controls).

If it to any help or difficulty I run a Linux Debian computer and dowloaded dolphin from my "app store" and not from the website.

Thanks!
Sounds like you don't have permission to write to the configuration directory.
(".dolphin-emu" in your home directory.)

I'd also recommend trying a recent build of Dolphin. 5.0 Is 3+ years old.

Jorelws

(sorry for the late reply)

This is kinda embarassing but I am actually having a hard time finding the .Dolphin-emu file/folder

Also, would it by any chance matter if I'm logged in to a user that does not have root?
Root access should not be needed.
Directories that start with a dot are hidden in Linux.

Jorelws

(03-12-2020, 07:23 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Root access should not be needed.
Directories that start with a dot are hidden in Linux.

Okay, makes sense. I know that I can find some . files in my file manager by doing alt + . (I think it was) like steampath, minecraft and other installed programs.
But NOT dolphin at all. All I find is my folder I've made to put the game roms in.

I also know that there apperantly a "find" command useble in the terminal. Do you have any idea if I can find the dolphin files without being scared by the black terminal screen? (I'm really not used to the terminal). 
Are you using Gnome as your desktop manager? If so, and you're using the default file browser, you can press Ctrl + H to show hidden files. As for other desktop managers, I don't really know off the top of my head, but a quick google search should do the trick. Or some option to show hidden files in Preferences