Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: metroid prime Randomizer: Furnace Room Blocks Disappear Too Quickly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The blocks in the Furnace Room (Chozo Ruins, need Spider Ball to reach blocks) that disappear a short moment after touching them, disappear way faster than they should with the speed seemingly correlating to your movement speed when making contact with them (using Boost Ball makes them disappear almost instantly). This makes the timing of a bomb jump very tight.

I don't know if this is an issue with the American version of the game that the Randomizer is based on since I'm most familiar with the least buggy Australian gamecube release (and the Wii Trilogy version).

Dolphin 5.0-11608
(03-07-2020, 06:49 PM)Franpa Wrote: [ -> ]The blocks in the Furnace Room (Chozo Ruins, need Spider Ball to reach blocks) that disappear a short moment after touching them, disappear way faster than they should with the speed seemingly correlating to your movement speed when making contact with them (using Boost Ball makes them disappear almost instantly). This makes the timing of a bomb jump very tight.

I don't know if this is an issue with the American version of the game that the Randomizer is based on since I'm most familiar with the least buggy Australian gamecube release (and the Wii Trilogy version).

Dolphin 5.0-11608

They've always been a touch fast in the original NTSC releases. Place a bomb as soon as you get to the hump in the wall, the block will appear to disappear but the collision box won't for a few dozen frames after. Pretty sure this changed in the PAL releases which all Wii releases are based on
You have to release the analog stick with the right timing so you'll hit the last block at a slow speed to prevent it from disappearing too quick. If you just hold across the entire time the block will disappear too quickly and if you Speed Boost the blocks basically disappear right away (hence the whole issue correlates with your movement speed).

it wouldn't surprise me if the mechanic is intentional (faster movement = less time to act) and they simply scaled it incorrectly in the American releases.