Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen freezes / Emulated wiimote problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Qfontan

Hello! First time posting here. I've been wanting to play Mario Galaxy 2 for a long time. I am using the latest Dolphin dev version. I start the game and th screen freezes EVERY SINGLE TIME at the same spot, about 5 minutes in the game, in level 1.

I tried downloading the latest "stable" version of Dolphin, and I can't use it because whenever I start the game, it reads Wiimote 1 disconnected, press A, and there's no way I can make it "recognize" the wiimote (which is emulated, I'm playing with mouse and keyboard).

I've been searching for all possible fixes for the emulated wiimote problem on the latest stable build, and I wasn't able to find one single solution for it. The dev version crash might be harder to detect, I guess... In any case, only the screen freezes, the game keeps running (and due to the sounds, I can verify that Mario keeps juumping and moving, it's just the screen that freezes).

Help please? I'll be glad to fix the error in whichever version actually allows me to play the game without screen freezing, or letting me use the emulated Wiimote.

Thanks!