Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy suddenly slowing down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing Super Mario Galaxy on my laptop this morning and It was playing mostly normal. I usually have some slowdowns in the hub world and bigger galaxies but that's it (I always have my laptop plugged in when I play). During the evening I started playing and It had slowdowns on the title screen and that never happens and It was running slower than usual. For the Config, I have the default settings and for graphics I am using Direct3D 11 and have Skip EFB access from CPU on.

Specs
Windows 8.1
CPU: intel core i7-3520M 2.90GHz
RAM: 8 gigabytes
GPU: intel HD graphics 4000
Did Windows do an update in the background that reinstalled some drivers?
Have you done a restart (not shutdown to avoid Windows Fast boot shenanigans) to verify your computer working in a good state?
(03-01-2020, 11:08 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did Windows do an update in the background that reinstalled some drivers?
Have you done a restart (not shutdown to avoid Windows Fast boot shenanigans) to verify your computer working in a good state?

I have and It hasn't fixed it
(03-01-2020, 11:08 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did Windows do an update in the background that reinstalled some drivers?

I might have done an update and how do I fix that
I hit store EFB copies to texture only and I run all better now, even better than before I had the slowdown problem. I'm ending this thread