Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error: Failed to init core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DatPlaya

Hello

I got this Error 'Failed to init core'! every time i try to play/launch a single game.

CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.00GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX960 2gb
RAM: 12gb DDR3

Please Help me.
(02-28-2020, 09:40 PM)DatPlaya Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I got this Error 'Failed to init core'! every time i try to play/launch a single game.

CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.00GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX960 2gb
RAM: 12gb DDR3

Please Help me.

What Windows version are you using?

1. Is your Windows completely up to date?
2. Have you tried updating your GPU drivers from here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverRe...7539/en-us
3. Are you using the latest dev version downloaded from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
4. Have you tried turning cheats off?
5. Have you tried turning Dual-core mode off?

If any of the answers is "No" then please proceed to take that step first, if none of these steps fix the issue, please share your settings (graphic/sound/controller/general) in Dolphin with us, and also what game(s) you are trying to run.

DatPlaya

(02-29-2020, 11:02 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]What Windows version are you using?

1. Is your Windows completely up to date?
2. Have you tried updating your GPU drivers from here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverRe...7539/en-us
3. Are you using the latest dev version downloaded from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
4. Have you tried turning cheats off?
5. Have you tried turning Dual-core mode off?

If any of the answers is "No" then please proceed to take that step first, if none of these steps fix the issue, please share your settings (graphic/sound/controller/general) in Dolphin with us, and also what game(s) you are trying to run.

1. Is your Windows completely up to date? / Yes my windows completely up to date.
2. Have you tried updating your GPU drivers? / Yes my GPU drivers are up to date.
3. Are you using the latest dev version downloaded? / Yes the latest version is 5.0-11700 and i downloaded it.
4. Have you tried turning cheats off? / Yes i tried turning off cheats, but didn't work, same issue.
5. Have you tried turning Dual-core mode off? / Yes i tried turning off Dual-core from Settings/General/Basic Settings/Enable Dual Core (speedup) Uncheck. Same issue.

Non of the the steps you mentioned works.

Here is all settings with graphics/sound/controller PS3/general in Dolphin:
[Image: 2tQnhyz.png][Image: 3igI1lD.png][Image: m4BbVvj.png][Image: UgfrV0i.png][Image: L7ABLY7.png][Image: 4OwhBMH.png]
[Image: MhZfu9L.png]

*Tried to change the size of the pictures but it will not appear clear to see.
Many games i was trying to play. PS1 games "Silent Hill" , PS2 games "Metal Gear Solid 2". To notify you, only one game is working fine Metal Gear Solid 1 . All the files/games are ISO files.

[Image: AhJselQ.png]
Your Settings >Audio > Audio Backend is blank, set it to Cubeb or something, see if that helps

DatPlaya

(03-01-2020, 11:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Your Settings >Audio > Audio Backend is blank, set it to Cubeb or something, see if that helps

I did what you recommend but unfortunately didn't work. Still same error "Failed to init core".
I need to inform you, only one game is working fine before and after i set Audio Backend to 'Cubeb' which is>> *File name: Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (USA) (Disc 1).nkit
Tried to play this game>> *File name: Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty (USA) 
No .nkit format at the end of the second game file name. Googled that but as a rookie i have no idea how to change that. Also my English is not very good. Basic if i could say. 
(03-03-2020, 12:41 AM)DatPlaya Wrote: [ -> ]I did what you recommend but unfortunately didn't work. Still same error "Failed to init core".
I need to inform you, only one game is working fine before and after i set Audio Backend to 'Cubeb' which is>> *File name: Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (USA) (Disc 1).nkit
Tried to play this game>> *File name: Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty (USA) 
No .nkit format at the end of the second game file name. Googled that but as a rookie i have no idea how to change that. Also my English is not very good. Basic if i could say. 

I have never heard of the .nkit format, what program have you used to dump the games? What file formats are the other games?
If you try to add the folder which holds all your games (by double clicking the empty "games list" and going to the spot where you saved your games) do they show up at all?

DatPlaya

(03-04-2020, 07:20 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I have never heard of the .nkit format, what program have you used to dump the games? What file formats are the other games?
If you try to add the folder which holds all your games (by double clicking the empty "games list" and going to the spot where you saved your games) do they show up at all?

I would say it is not a format " .nkit " but it is by the end of file name since i download it. I thought it is a format but my mistake. All the files are ISO files.
*what program have you used to dump the games? Sorry what do you mean by dump? I downloaded the files then extract them with WinRaR if that's what you mean.
*What file formats are the other games? All file formats are ISO
*double clicking the empty "games list" - do they show up at all? No my games are saved in one file, but the files doesn't show up. The ISO files.
If i want to play the only working game, i go through. Open sign in the Dolphin interface, then choose the file from there.

If there is a possible way we can talk directly and faster, that would be wonderful. Like ( i don't know if i am allowed to write any Apps name ). I mean voice apps.
Thank you all for the support.
(03-05-2020, 04:31 PM)DatPlaya Wrote: [ -> ]I would say it is not a format " .nkit " but it is by the end of file name since i download it.

Downloading games is against the forum rules.