Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save file suddenly not working anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Dolphin for now 5 Years and something like this never happend to me.

I played Paper Mario The Thousand Year door and after trying to save, the emulator created a new save file, which was odd to me. Saving still worked normal but on that new savefile. after restarting the game no savefile couldn't be loaded. i headed to the Save file directory and saw this:

[attachment=18583]

The first file is the new created one, which will not open in game and isn't accessable, even after correctly renaming it and the second file is a working savefile which is accessable but is older, so i lost progress

Can someone tell me why this happened?
I have heard of this happening, but in the case of this game, only in old builds of Dolphin that supported fractional resolution scales... You are using a recent development build of Dolphin, right?
(02-27-2020, 08:08 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard of this happening, but in the case of this game, only in old builds of Dolphin that supported fractional resolution scales... You are using a recent development build of Dolphin, right?

Yes, the version in which this happend was 5.0-11698
Were you using any cheat codes? (Not really sure what could have caused it, so just trying to narrow it down...)
(02-27-2020, 08:35 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Were you using any cheat codes? (Not really sure what could have caused it, so just trying to narrow it down...)

Yes, I am/was using Cheat codes

AR Codes for having 999 Coins and Gecko Codes for having Widescreen and a stretched HUD