Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Vulkan on MacBook Pro outputting no video, only sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VersionOmega

So I just got a new MBP 16" and it should be plenty good enough to run Dolphin (Intel i9 8 Core 2.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AMD Pro 5500M 8GB) and I've been told that the Vulkan backend is meant to be better performance than OpenGL but when I select Vulkan, the emulation window just stays black but the game is actually running (i.e. has sound and runs as if video was playing).

Any help would be appreciated and if any more information is needed please let me know.

Thanks,

VersionOmega
Same as you! can't find any answers. It's quite annoying
(02-27-2020, 04:23 AM)VersionOmega Wrote: [ -> ]So I just got a new MBP 16" and it should be plenty good enough to run Dolphin (Intel i9 8 Core 2.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AMD Pro 5500M 8GB) and I've been told that the Vulkan backend is meant to be better performance than OpenGL but when I select Vulkan, the emulation window just stays black but the game is actually running (i.e. has sound and runs as if video was playing).

Any help would be appreciated and if any more information is needed please let me know.

Thanks,

VersionOmega
Are you using the latest development build?
(03-01-2020, 04:10 AM)That one guy with Dolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the latest development build?

Found what's wrong... The latest dev build make Vulcan crashing.
Just rolled back to another version and it works.

Two days for that shit, I'm so idiot, it was obvious. 
(03-02-2020, 04:47 AM)Val981 Wrote: [ -> ]Found what's wrong... The latest dev build make Vulcan crashing.
Just rolled back to another version and it works.

Two days for that shit, I'm so idiot, it was obvious. 

What version did you roll back to? Can you perhaps bisect and figure out exactly what build broke it?
Remember to make sure that GPU texture decoding is off. It does not work in MoltenVK but gives no warnings or anything, moltenvk will just not work if it is enabled.