Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save File Location & Corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DonkerDoodle

Hello, I am fairly new to Dolphin and have been absolutely loving it so far. My only issue being that some games save files are being corrupted. I tried my best to look into it, and all I found was that all of my game saves were stored in the same location, no matter the game. All of my game saves were there for every game. Does this have something to do with my files being corrupted? Is there a safer way I can store my game saves? I know this is somewhat limited information, and I myself get very confused at times, but anything at all helps! I will note that I have also deleted a few games as well and have seen that this can also pose an issue. If there's any more information I can give please let me know.

Thank you for your time and effort.
In what way did you notice that the save files are corrupted? Does the game show you a message saying that the save file is corrupted?

DonkerDoodle

(02-23-2020, 10:40 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]In what way did you notice that the save files are corrupted? Does the game show you a message saying that the save file is corrupted?

I wish I had a screenshot, but yes it said the files were corrupt and that I needed to delete them. This so far has only happened to one game, but I don't want it to happen to others. Should the saving system be fine the way it is? 

Thank you for your response.